Monday, June 21, 2010

My girlfriends Pomeranian Small cough?

We have a 10 week old Pom who just recently got back from a vet visit. The Pom had an I.V. but into him in order to raise his blood suger. Since the pet's return from the visit, it has been coughing, or hacking on occassion (Nothing drastic, just a couple times an hour). And though it is more rare, it does vomit a -very- little bit, but for the most part, the hacking is fairly dry.



I was wondering if this could be caused by the IV (like the sneezing), which has only been out of him for 2 days, or if I should look into something else. He is fairly small (1.5lbs), so I am a bit worried. Also, could a change in food cause this? He started of on 'Triumph', and then the Vet gave us a different soft food to eat. Now that that is gone, we had to revert back to the 'Triumph'.. Could this change effect the dog?



-He is still very hyper, excited, his sugar level has been fine. It does not alter his personality in any way at all. I don't think it is kennel cough since it isn't constant. Thanks!



My girlfriends Pomeranian Small cough?computer repair



Pomeranians do cough...its common. Even the kennel cough isn't always constant. What I would do is wait the weekend....or a few days in general and see how the pom is feeling. If the coughing continues or you notice any other changes (such as possible fever, etc) call the vet right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment