Monday, June 21, 2010

Car insurance for a new driver + sports car?

Well, my dad owns a 1959 TR-3 Triumph, and also a 1981 Delorean. I will be turning 16 soon, and I plan on purchasing car insurance so I can drive a 2006 Hyundai Sonata to school and around town. The problem is..



I want to be able to occasionally drive my dad's Triumph TR-3 around town, to school, on nice days, etc. Maybe only on weekends, that kind of thing.



The problem is, I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on car insurance for a car I won't be driving very often. I read that there is a "cents-per-mile" program which is essentially a prepaid insurance card and you buy insurance for blocks of miles and it keeps track on a special odometer. Can someone please shed some light on that subject? I live in Oklahoma if that's of any importance.



Car insurance for a new driver + sports car?computer



First of all, ask your dad to add you on his auto policy with your car, listing you as the primary driver of your Sonata. As long as you are on the same policy as your dad where he has the Triumph, and you are not excluded from driving it, then you should be covered. Depending on the replacement value of the car, depends on which car you want to be listed as the primary driver of. To lower your insurance costs, I would suggest that you do well in school and bring the agent a copy of your transcripts with your grades. Depending on your state and company, the insurance agent may have some additional advice as to how to lower your costs. If the car is on a special policy or through another company, then you won't be covered, and aren't going to be able to drive it. Sorry =(. I have never heard of such a program.

No comments:

Post a Comment