Monday, June 21, 2010

Motorcycle and sidecar?

Hello from the UK!



I am now ready to start thinking about taking my Direct Access. I have fallen in love with the Triumph Bonneville after spending a couple of weeks with a friend who let me ride his around his private land and this is the bike I am aiming for- any opinions welcome!



I would like to fit a sidecar and have a few questions (UK specific answers would be useful as far as laws are concerned but feel free to answer regardless of your nationality!).



Is a Bonneville a suitable bike for this? Do Triumph make sidecars for their bikes, if not, where can I look and how do I make sure the model is suitable for a Bonneville? How much, roughly, does one cost to buy and get fitted?



How does a sidecar effect the bike in terms of performance, handling and fuel economy?



Is it simple to unhitch the car and just use the bike?



Lastly, do you have to take a special test to have a sidecar in the UK and how does it affect insurance? I'm 22.



Thanks!



Motorcycle and sidecar?free spyware



Well may I say that you are a man of Taste, I had one of the first Bonnys made %26 loved it tho it couldn't match my Vincent Black Knight. My bonny was married to a Stieb open Sidecar %26 in it's day was a fantastic combination. I'm not sure these days but I think it still qualifies as a 3 wheeler so you can drive it with L plates, GO FOR IT, you'll love it.If you try to ride it Solo though (Just the bike) you have to have a full motorbike licence.

No comments:

Post a Comment