Monday, June 21, 2010

How many have trust issues? Are you working on them?

Getting too close still makes me nervous, but I find I'm beginning to open up again. It took me a long time to get here, but I won鈥檛 allow treachery to triumph! If I become secluded, a loner, or close my heart, evil wins鈥?and so do my abusers. That鈥檚 unacceptable to me.



So I work especially hard to heal the deep wounds. I must admit, I'm surprised how long it takes though. Are you triumphing over distrust or any other obstacle left by someone?



How many have trust issues? Are you working on them?abtuvurys 2005



I struggle with trust issues too. Once bitten, twice shy...



You are right, giving in to your fear would mean letting evil win. It's great that you recognize that - for me, it took a long time to come to that realization.



In life I have found there is a balance you've got to strike between taking chances and guarding your heart. You don't want to go out there and trust just anybody with super valuable things (like the deeper parts of your heart), but after you've seen how a person is and know they are a good person, you have to force yourself to take that risk and trust even if it's uncomfortable for you. Unfortunately, testing people out is the only way to learn to trust again.



For me, it's been an uphill battle at times to be as open to people as I want to be. But when I look at where I was a year ago and I look at myself today, I can honestly say that I'm a lot farther along now than I was then. And to me, that's success.

No comments:

Post a Comment