Thursday, November 5, 2009

What is the best octane booster for an older leaded fuel vehicle?

I have a 1970 Triumph TR6 that the MFG recommends 110 Octane and leaded fuel. Do you know of any mix I can puchase or maybe what chemicals could be used to mix my own?



What is the best octane booster for an older leaded fuel vehicle?suzuki



110 Octane? In a Triumph? I don't think so. Maybe 100 octane, and that's research octane, not (R+M)/2. You should be able to use current 93 Octane premium without a problem. If you find you have knocking, get some toluene from a paint supply store, add a quart per tank. Careful not to get any on your paint.



What is the best octane booster for an older leaded fuel vehicle?virus



STP has been around for years, they were a leading auto chem supplier in the 1970's when your car was new. I am sure they have a very trusted mix for you car, and you should be able to get that at most auto parts stores like NAPA, Advantage, Advance, and Auto Zone... Hope I helped. Vote me as best answer please...
If you can find it there is one called 104 Octane booster that works very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment