Thursday, November 5, 2009

Do people really consider Spielberg's recent works good? If so, WHY? See details..?

Don't get me wrong. I loved ET, and Indiana Jones, and of course I appreciate the big shark for its influence on thrillers. Those are not the movies i'm talking about.



I'm talking about Schindler's List for instance. Has anyone seen WWII movies from Poland or Russia? There's pain in those movies. There's truth, anguish and triumph. Spielbergs, well, it was nothing more than a money-maker.



Minority Report-- the emptiest, flashiest 2 hours of my life. I carried nothing out of that movie. Nothing but a feeling that something really sappy just happened to me but thankfully i was so bored that i blocked it out.



AI-- sap. I can't even go into it more than that.



So my question is, can we just agree that Spielberg is a brilliant BUSINESSMAN who knows how to sell the hot topics in his movies, but yet a mediocre director of average melodramas?



Do people really consider Spielberg's recent works good? If so, WHY? See details..?product key



The worst part is his recent film Munich, which chooses a bizarre form of moral relativism. For example this latest movie tries to tell us that Jihad equals soverign defense. I don't buy it. Read Kate Wright's essay on it which reads in part:



" To characterize the Israeli response as a 鈥渞esponse to a response鈥?as Spielberg states in Time Magazine and his new movie implies, is a clear effort to deny the objective morality of what happened, not only in 1972, but throughout history. This is the fictional story of a young Israeli 鈥hose struggle fizzles into a type of self-inflicted relativistic anti-Zionist propaganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment